Welcome to my small spot in the universe.
Through pictures and a few words, I hope to communicate to others the blessings we receive, even in the smallest every day things around us.
God is good!
Your comments are appreciated!

Saturday, November 21, 2009

THIS 'N THAT

One thing for sure when you pour candles, you can spend a fortune on containers!
I am a fan of thrift stores,flea markets and yard sales. I always look for unique containers when I visit.These days everyone is looking for a bargain, so you run into all kinds of people, rich and poor!  I have had some good times looking around through all the "stuff." The old saying"one man's trash is another person's treasure" is so true! A few of my finds.

Christmas cups. These will make nice small gifts filled with holiday scents! They hold 6 oz. each.

$1.50 for all 7 cups.


These pretty amber colored containers hold 8 oz.  I will pour a pale yellow floral scent in these. 20 cents each.And clear glass is always pretty.All these were about $1.50.












And last, these are plain white cups with decals made from my own art work.

You can see I spend a lot of time working with candles and visiting thrift stores, but at my age,I feel entitled!!  And I really do find some good bargains. Many of the plain white cups and saucers sell for $10.00 a pair on some of the internet sites. My family enjoys the candles I make, so we all profit.
As we go into the Thanksgiving and Christmas season I can't help but wonder where the time has gone. Seems like yesterday we were celebrating 2008! I thank the Lord for all his blessings, and consider every day a gift! I will strive to use the abilities the Lord has given me wisely, and in a way that will honor Him!

Blessings on all!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

www.From The Heart.blogspot.com