Welcome to my small spot in the universe.
Through pictures and a few words, I hope to communicate to others the blessings we receive, even in the smallest every day things around us.
God is good!
Your comments are appreciated!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Handmade


A few handmade things today.

 I can't remember who made this..It was a gift to my husband.
But they did a great job!
Made entirely out of coke cans.


 The wheels are made from bottle caps
And 
little springs behind the propeller.


A gift from my dear friend Edna.
Her husband made it..entirely of wood.


My husband made this churn out of wood.
Maple, I think.
He is not able to work with wood any more,
So
I will never part with it!


Hand painted picture..
by Shirley.


 Hand painted Angel.
By
Shirley


Sometimes I hear people complain about gifts they receive from others..
"Not suitable, Something I will never use" etc.
But
The way I feel about it,
If someone cares enough about me to give me anything,
Whether I will actually use it or not,
I am thankful.
And
I will keep it!
I feel there must be a tiny bit of love in there
 for someone to actually give something.
And
People are more important than objects!!

Anyway...
I have said it before...I am a Pack Rat.
I keep everything!!

Happy Saturday!
Love,
Shirley

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, Shirl. I love things that are handmade and even though they may not suit my home decor, I still put them out on occasion just as a reminder that someone cared enough.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

www.From The Heart.blogspot.com