Welcome to my small spot in the universe.
Through pictures and a few words, I hope to communicate to others the blessings we receive, even in the smallest every day things around us.
God is good!
Your comments are appreciated!

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Robins

They stay here all year long.
Yesterday the yard was full of them...eating worms.
After the snow was gone, there was plenty for all!
There is a legend about how they got their red breasts.
When Jesus was hanging on the cross, they came and tried to fan Him with their wings... to comfort Him while He was dying.
Their breasts became stained with His blood..so they will always have red breasts in remembrance of their compassion.
Have a blessed day.
Love,
Shirley

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful story, one I didn't know. The Robin is a special bird to me, and now even more special. I see them all the time here and even did a post about them once. They don't fly away quickly like the other birds. They let me take pictures of them, yet they stand their ground. Such a wonderful bird.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

www.From The Heart.blogspot.com