Welcome to my small spot in the universe.
Through pictures and a few words, I hope to communicate to others the blessings we receive, even in the smallest every day things around us.
God is good!
Your comments are appreciated!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

GARDEN


I am still planting flowers-
My neighbor gave me these hollyhocks.
 Today they don't look like much;
Just small and green.

 Hopefully the way they will look later in the summer.
I can't wait!
Hollyhocks are an old fashioned flower, and I love old-fashioned things.
They like to grow next to walls, or something they can lean on,
 So I planted them beside our outside building,
and I will hope for the best!

My squirrel friends;
 Have finally stopped digging in my pots so they are looking better.

Still looks sad!!
It was raining when I made these pictures,
so
 They look grubby.
But I have great hopes for them.
 Vines
 ;

 Impatiens
 

My little patch of Zinnias
I know it looks pitiful right now,
but 
I am a dreamer.
And sometimes dreams come true !!

 
 I grow "simple " flowers.
If you can call any of God's creation simple.
Anyway....
Nothing else works for me.


 Jeremy's Garden
 Corn

Beans

Tomatoes
 
he also has Squash,Cucumbers,
Watermelons, Cantaloupes,
and...
 Sunflowers!
They are just small and green now,
but
Hopefully they will look like this at some point.
Beautiful,bright shining faces.
Looks like they are smiling.
(and maybe they are.)
They probably have wonderful secrets!!
Something mere humans can't comprehend.
 
They make my heart smile!
Good for the birds,
and my arch enemies,
       (Though I love them) .......
.... Squirrels!!

We had such a cold,dreary winter,
It has been fun working and planting.
And thinking beautiful thoughts about the summer bounty!
Wishing you much sunshine, plentiful rain,
Happy hours of hoeing,
And
  A bountiful harvest!
                Love,
                    Shirley
                            

The kiss of the sun for pardon
 The song of the bird for mirth.
One is nearer God's heart in a garden,
Than anywhere else on earth.
                                                          Dorothy Frances Gurney






No comments:

Post a Comment

www.From The Heart.blogspot.com