Welcome to my small spot in the universe.
Through pictures and a few words, I hope to communicate to others the blessings we receive, even in the smallest every day things around us.
God is good!
Your comments are appreciated!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

THE LOST ONES


Yesterday as I  was running some errands, 
I saw  what I guess you would call
a "lady of the night" on the side of the busy highway
With her hand held out, trying to flag the passing cars.
Almost no clothes on,dressed  indecently.
No one stopped.
This is not a young person she has some age and weight on her.
We see her often,  walking the highway at all hours, trying to get people to stop.
 She has been  caught and locked up  many times. 
A lost soul!

I do not know her circumstances, whether she is a drug addict,
maybe a mentally ill person,
Or 
just chooses this lifestyle.
But
When I saw her yesterday......
It seemed The Lord spoke to me.
And...
My heart felt so sad!

 For her and all the lost ones.

 Every city,every neighborhood,every family, has them.
The drug addicts, the alcoholics, the prostitutes.
Living such sad,  wasted,desolate lives.
Searching in the wrong way for something that only the Love Of God can supply.
The ones with no hope.

Our quartet sings a song-"We Have Been So Blessed".
And by God's Grace and Mercy my life has been blessed.
I have been surrounded by love throughout my life.
 By my parents, my husband,  my wonderful family, my friends.
And I have known The Love and Mercy Of God. 
But..
I could have been born under different circumstances,
And my life could have been  a different story.
Except for the Grace of God,
I could have been a lost one.

Since I started this blog I have tried to do "up-beat" posts.
With pretty pictures.
But the Lord touched my heart with this sad story....
 And I pray
That someone reading  this will stop for just a moment,
And say a prayer.
For all  the lost ones.
The ones with no hope.
The ones Jesus came to save!
THERE IS HOPE!!!

AND THE SPIRIT AND THE BRIDE SAY COME.
AND LET HIM THAT HEARETH SAY COME.
AND LET HIM THAT IS ATHIRST COME.
AND WHOSOEVER WILL, LET HIM TAKE OF THE WATER OF LIFE FREELY.
REV 22-17

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.From The Heart.blogspot.com