Welcome to my small spot in the universe.
Through pictures and a few words, I hope to communicate to others the blessings we receive, even in the smallest every day things around us.
God is good!
Your comments are appreciated!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Memories


I am blessed to be able to sing in a gospel quartet.
We sing old time songs , in the old time way,
and
God has blessed our group.
I grew up in a home filled with music...old time 
music.
Fiddle playing, banjo, guitar, piano..
you name it someone in our family played it.
I have so many happy memories of those days,
people would come in and we would sit around and play.
Most mountain people played some kind of instrument,
So everybody joined in!
Life is so fast paced these days, 
that doesn't happen much any more.
But,
Sometimes I just like to sit and remember those days.
Happy memories.
It was a good way to grow up.




And I thank God for it all.



Those were good times!



Love,
Shirley




No comments:

Post a Comment

www.From The Heart.blogspot.com