Welcome to my small spot in the universe.
Through pictures and a few words, I hope to communicate to others the blessings we receive, even in the smallest every day things around us.
God is good!
Your comments are appreciated!

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

My Old Ball Jar

People are using Mason jars for all kinds of crafts these days.
In years past, we had a huge garden, and I canned lots of vegetables.
I remember my Mom canning all during the summer months in our old farmhouse kitchen.
For many years she used a wood stove,until electricity came to our part of the mountains...and made life a bit easier.
This old jar was one of hers.
It is old..according to the signature.
 It was made between 1923 and 1933.
The glass is very thick and has a pinkish hue.
You can see"bubbles" in the glass.
I have a few old things from home that I will keep forever.
This old jar will stay with me.

This one came from the thrift store.
It is unusual, I just liked it.
I will use it for something.
Have a blessed day.
Love,
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.From The Heart.blogspot.com